Sunday, May 25, 2014

Young love

"Young love, strong love, true love
It's a new love
They're gonna make it through the hard times
Walk those lines
Yeah, these ties will bind
Young love"

I remember the chorus to the song "Young Love" by the Judds very well. Sometimes, the song even randomly pops into my head. Today, the song just randomly popped into my head and it got me to thinking. One thing that I do quite a bit is observe older couples and how in love some of them are. I then think to myself, "That was young love at one time!" I then think, "How did they make it last?" Well, just look at the chorus of the song. It tells you how young love makes it- it stays young. I look out into the world and I see those older couples in love and wish for the very same thing. It must be absolutely wonderful to stay madly in love with the same person for 30, 40, 50, even 60 years. It must be absolutely wonderful to keep that young love!

So, tonight, I'm going to do something different. I'm going to start a series of blog posts based on the chorus of "Young Love." Here's the deal though, young love, strong love, true love takes two people. Therefore, it's going to take two people to get these blog posts done. There's a girl out there that might know something about young love. She knows who she is. Perhaps she might be interested in helping me do some blogging on young love. After all, she's young and I hope she's in love. Come join me, lady!

Tonight, the measure of a man can sometimes be found in young love and his ability to keep it young!

That, my friends, is just a few thoughts from a small town southern man!

No comments:

Post a Comment