Saturday, July 5, 2014

Bet your hard earned dollar

Have you ever known someone that you just wanted to grab by arms and yell in their face, "Believe in yourself!" I've known many. I've always been a very self-confident person. I can thank my grandmother a lot for that. She stands out as the number one person in this world that has always believed in me. For that, I'm most thankful. Most of all though, she taught me to believe in myself. You see, believing in yourself is half the battle.

Travis Tritt's song, "I'm Gonna be Somebody" demonstrates this point well. Here it is:



"I'm Gonna Be Somebody"


Bobby played his guitar on the harder side of town
Where it's hard for a poor boy to find the money
He had dedication, he had the heart and soul
Somehow knew he was born to play

People say get a real job support your family
'Cause there's no future on the road your takin'
But he never said a word, the dreamer just kept on
Late at night you could hear him say, he'd say

I'm gonna be somebody
One of these days I'm gonna break these chains
I'm gonna be somebody someday
You can bet your hard-earned dollar I will

The road was a struggle, took him ten years to the top
And now he's number one on the stage and the radio
Still he can't believe how people come from miles around
When it seems like only yesterday when he would say

I'm gonna be somebody
One of these days I'm gonna break these chains
I'm gonna be somebody someday
You can bet your hard-earned dollar I will, yeah, yeah, yeah

Bobby played his hometown, one full moon August night
When He heard a voice in the front row singing
It was a sandy-haired river boy with same ol' hungry eyes
He looked up at Bobby and said

Mmm, I'm gonna be somebody
One of these days I'm gonna break these chains
And I'm gonna be somebody someday
You can bet your hard-earned dollar I will
You know I will, yeah, yeah

I'm gonna be somebody
One of these days I'm gonna break these chains
I'm gonna be somebody someday
You can bet your hard-earned dollar I will, oh yeah
You can bet your hard-earned dollar I will

You've got to tell yourself that you are going to be somebody. You will break the chains, despite the critics.

Friends, that is easier said than done. All too often in this world, people let others hold them back. You don't believe me? Just check Facebook and see how much people act alike. People are scared to be their own person and fulfill their own potential.

Inside each and every one of is lies a potential to be great at something. Yet, too many times we lack "dedication" and the "heart and soul." 

Well, I'm telling you now, "YOU'RE GONNA BE SOMEBODY!!! YOU WILL BREAK THE CHAINS!" Now, go believe in yourself!

Tonight, the measure of a man can sometimes be found in his ability to "be somebody." That ability lies in believing in one's self. What do you believe?

That, my friends is just a few thoughts from a small town southern man!


No comments:

Post a Comment