Saturday, July 12, 2014

Pull up a seat! I'll tell you something crazy!

I'm long over due on a post about love, but I'm really feeling the love here lately and I want to share something with you. Just recently a special someone asked me if she was using the phrase "I love you" too much. My reply was: No! Allow me to explain.

About four years ago, as I rode the winding roads of the Smoky Mountains headed for a vacation I remember distinctly being sick and tired of one particular song that just kept coming on the radio. It seemed like every other song just so happened to turn out to be "Love Like Crazy" by Lee Brice. I told myself then that I would never ever like that song again anymore because I heard it so much! Boy was I wrong! You see, I really wasn't paying attention to the lyrics then as much as I do now. For then, I had no idea what crazy love was or how to love like crazy. Pull up a seat because now I do!

First though, let's check those lyrics out:

"Love Like Crazy"


They called them crazy when they started out
Said, "Seventeen's too young to know what loves about"
They've been together fifty-eight years now
That's crazy

He brought home sixty-seven bucks a week
Bought a little 2 bedroom house on Maple Street
Where she blessed him with six more mouths to feed
Now that's crazy

Just ask him how he did it
He'll say, "Pull up a seat
It'll only take a minute
To tell you everything"

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when he quit his job
Said them home computers, boy, they'll never take off
Well, he sold his one man shop to Microsoft
And they paid like crazy

Just ask him how he made it
He'll tell you faith and sweat
And the heart of a faithful woman
Who never let him forget

Be a best friend, tell the truth
And overuse "I love you"
Go to work, do your best
Don't outsmart your common sense
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

Always treat your woman like a lady
Never get to old to call her baby
Never let your prayin' knees get lazy
And love like crazy

They called him crazy when they started out
They've been together fifty-eight years now
Ain't that crazy?

Be a best friend:
When you were a kid you know you answered the question: Who's your best friend? A lot of times you answered quickly and moved on. Over the years, perhaps your best friend has changed. But, in this song I think we're talking about a true best friend- a friend for life. This is a friend who knows your every flaw and still loves you in spite of that. This a friend that knows how to cheer you up when you're down. It's a friend who knows how to make you laugh. This is a friend who cries when you cry and hurts when you hurt. It's a friend who enjoys spending time with you no matter the occasion or the time. This is a friend who rejoices in your accomplishments and encourages you in the midst of life's setbacks and trials. It's a friend who truly is the best! It's a friend that love! A best friend love's like crazy!

Tell the truth:
Truth is so vital in love. It's important to know everything about the person- good and bad. A relationship-love-is about being honest and letting the other person know how to help-how to make the relationship stronger. We all struggle or have disagreements, but by telling the truth, we're able to work things out. A truthful person loves like crazy!

Go to work:
What does working and loving like crazy have to do with one another you might ask? Well, how many husbands and wives do you know that have worked hard to provide for their families all because of love. It seems these days that they are few and far between, but let me remind you they do exist. It takes work in a relationship. It takes work to love like crazy- physically and emotionally. A person that truly goes to work loves like crazy!

Do your best:
I think people inherently always want to do their best, but sometimes they need a little push-from themselves. You see, too many times, we give up and quit trying. However when you have a love like I do. When you have a love that is worthy of loving like crazy, you strive to do your best. I know I do! People who do their best love like crazy!

Don't outsmart your common sense:
I'm not known for my common sense. I never have been. I guess that's why Jeopardy is one of my favorite television shows. However, I'm not the only one that outsmarts my common sense from time to time. As humans, we tend to over-complicate things sometimes, when really we just need to go with our gut! If you feel it's right then do it! People who don't outsmart their common sense love like crazy!

Never get too old to call her baby:
I hear people all the time say something negative when someone uses a pet name for their significant other. Personally I think it's really nice and says a lot about how the couple feels about one another. Sweetheart, sweetie, honey, sugar, baby-whatever you call her- don't ever stop. Keep the flame burning! A person who never gets too old to call her baby loves like crazy!

Always treat your woman like a lady:
Respect goes a long way in this world, especially in love. When a person knows you respect them, love can only grow stronger! Some people try to love a woman with no respect for her dignity. It's not possible to truly love a lady without showing her respect and treating her just for what she is- a lady. Opening doors, making decisions alongside of her, and always keeping her wishes foremost in your actions, in my opinion are the keys to treating your woman like a lady. People who treat their woman like a lady love like crazy!

Never let your praying knees get lazy:
Prayer is essential in love. We should always pray for our loved ones and not just a standard run-of-the-mill prayer either. We must pray a powerful, purposeful, passionate prayer from the most humble position-on our knees. If you've never prayed for someone down on your knees, you should give it a try. I can assure you you will then know the true power of prayer. A person who never lets their praying knees get lazy loves like crazy!

Overuse I love you:
You thought I had forgotten this one didn't you? I purposely saved the best for last. You see, I am firmly convicted that we can never use the phrase "I love you" too much. "I love you" speaks for itself and it speaks volumes. The person on the other end of the "I love you" knows if it's genuine or not and a genuine "I love you" never gets old. I should know. I hear genuine "I love yous" everyday! A person who overuses "I love you" loves like crazy!

Do you love like crazy! Will you be together 58 years from now! Will you be able to tell us about something crazy?

Tonight, the measure of a man can sometimes be found in his ability to love like crazy. Give it a try-it's the best form of crazy you'll ever know!

That, my friends, is just a few thoughts from a small town southern man!

No comments:

Post a Comment